International Environmental Forum “Ecology: City, People & Economics”
The International Environmental Forum “Ecology: City, People & Economics” takes place in the city of Vologda for the second consecutive year. Last year, it accommodated over 340 professionals in multiple areas.
There will be contests for the best urban gardening project under the motto “875 green areas for Vologda” and for the best public service announcement project as well as a “green” film festival, a race and a cycling event to promote environmental sustainability, several thematic art objects expositions, book-crossing events and master classes, during which professional crafters will teach all comers how to craft home decorations from recycled materials. There will also be several recyclables collecting events and a workshop on “Designing Public Spaces Using Environmentally Friendly Materials”.
The International Research and Practice Conference “Environment and Society: A Balance of Interests” will be the key event of the Forum and will include a plenary session and five separate sessions. It will take place in the Russian House Expo Center, which will also accommodate an exhibition of municipal projects “EcoVologda”, another exhibition entitled “Technologies and Environment” and an Environmental Vernissage.
A Healthy Urban Planning session will take place on the same day, co-organized by the Healthy Cities, Regions and Villages Association. Leading Russian experts on healthy urban planning, city planning and urban studies will make presentations during the session. They will share experiences in implementing best practices of the most up-to-date and environmentally friendly conceptual urban planning in Russia as well as abroad.
The session will cover the following issues: ground rules of healthy urban planning, environmentally friendly construction and related research, international experience in designing water bodies, popular trends in in public spaces development strategies in Russia, as well as many others. The attendees will discuss necessary changes to improve public health in cities and try to find out how committed to the transformation of the urban environment citizens are today.
- Karen Almayev, Doctor of Medicine, Professor, Head of the Public Health and Medical Care Department of Stavropol State University of Medicine of the Russian Ministry of Health;
- Elena Mikhailova, Adviser Director General of the Russian Public Opinion Research Center;
- Olga Makarova, Member of the Union of Architects of Russia, Chief Architect of Vologda;
- Nadezhda Snigiryova, Adviser to the Mayor of Vologda on Development of Urban Environment, member of the Expert Panel of the Russian Ministry of Construction Industry, Housing and Utilities Sector, specializing in creating comfortable urban environment, Partner to the Project Group 8;
- Alexandra Katasonova, Co-Founder of the Autonomous Non-Commercial Organization “Institute for Development of Cities and Villages of Bashkortostan”;
- Aleksey Raskhodchikov, Chairman of the Moscow Center of Urban Studies “City” Foundation;
- Daria Tolovenkova, Deputy Chief Architect of Kazan, Head of the Creative Team of the Mayor’s Office of Kazan.